Foundation / Corporation
County of Onondaga and CNY Arts
02/20/19 by 11:59 PM
Grants ranging from $1,000 to $10,000 to Onondaga County, New York nonprofit organizations and local government agencies for arts and cultural projects that serve the public. Funding is intended to support small, mid-sized, and newly established organizations.
Funding may be used for project expenses including:
- Artist fees for performing, teaching, or providing services
- Marketing/publicity costs
- Direct administrative expenses related to the proposed project
- Expendable, project-related supplies, and materials
- Project-related travel expenses (no out-of-state travel)
- Project-related rental of space and equipment
- Project-related technical fees
All applications are evaluated and scored according to criteria and must demonstrate a sufficient level of competency within each criterium. Criteria include Artistic Merit, Community Impact, and Feasibility. For more information view the tier three projects support guidelines 2019 in Supporting Documents.
GrantWatch ID#: 184925
The maximum allowable project request from each applicant is $10,000. The minimum is $1,000 (exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis for the minimum).
The project period will be from January 1 to December 31, 2019.
Eligible tier-two or tier-three nonprofit organizations in Onondaga County can apply.
For specific information concerning Tier Criteria and qualifications please view Onondaga County Arts Agency Funding Tiers in Supporting Documents.
- Agencies not currently eligible for General Operating Support
- Agencies that have not applied to Tourism & Economic Development for 2019
- Meet the requirements for Tier Two or Tier Three agencies
- Must have a permanent address located Onondaga county
- Nonprofit organizations, NYS incorporated nonprofits, agencies of local government (not New York State agencies)
- Organizations that demonstrate the capacity to execute intended projects, as well as provide status updated and report on results in a timely fashion
Priority will be given to nonprofit organizations where more than 50% of their operations are arts and culture related.
The following types of agencies will never be considered for any tier:
- Any agency of the County (includes libraries)
- Any educational institution, school or educational foundation
- Any radio or television broadcasting network or station
- Any cable communications system
- Any newspaper or magazine
- Any organization that is engaged solely in the acquisition or physical restoration of property
- Any agency that receives funding from Onondaga County directly
For additional information concerning items that are not covered by funding view:
- Application Deadline: February 20, 2019, by 11:59 PM
- CNY Arts accepts 2019 applications from December 2018 through February 2019
- Funding Panels Meet to Review Applications - March 2019
- CNY Arts Board Approves Panel Recommendations - April 2019
- Grant Awards Announced - April 2019
- Contracts Distributed - April 2019
- Funding Disbursed - April through June 2019 upon receipt of contract and receipt of funds from the County
Tier Three Project Support may fund up to 75% of the proposed cash budget for a project up to a maximum of $10,000, but no more than 25% of the annual operating budget of the agency. Administrative costs may be funded up to 20% of the grant award.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To Apply: https://cnyarts.submittable.com/submit/127996/tier-three-project-support-2019-onondaga-county
Christopher Malone, Grants Associate
Elizabeth Lane, Director of Grants
CNY Arts, Inc.
421 Montgomery St, 11th Floor
Syracuse, NY 13202
USA: New York: Onondaga County