Grants to New York Nonprofits in Eligible Areas to Improve the Quality of
Life and to Support Local Organizations Affected by COVID-19
Wayne County Community Endowment
GrantWatch ID# 179817
Rochester Area Community Foundation
Funding or PIN Number:
USA: New York: Wayne County
LOI Date: 01/27/23 Deadline: 03/24/23 - Deadline for General Grantmaking only
Grants of up to $5,000 to New York nonprofit organizations to improve the quality of life for residents in eligible areas, and to provide emergency funding to nonprofit organizations affected by the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis in those areas. Funding is intended to enhance the health and quality of life for residents of Wayne County, especially youth and seniors. The emergency relief grantmaking will support nonprofit organizations in Wayne County adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Funding Criteria for General Grantmaking:
The grant preference is for agencies, projects, and programs that:
Benefit Wayne County residents;
Demonstrate that the project can be sustained;
Measure the project’s success and its results in the community;
Focus on important community quality of life issues and needs;
Focus on new or expanded projects, not continued support of on-going projects.
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Eligibility Criteria" for clarification)
Additional Criteria for Eligibility
All applicants must be a 501(c)(3) organization or sponsored by a charitable, nonprofit organization and serving Wayne County.
Applications will not be accepted or considered for:
- Individual Wayne County residents;
- Debt reduction;
- Religious activities, although non-religious activities provided through religious institutions will be considered; or
- Fundraising campaigns, such as endowment or capital campaigns.
Application Due Dates:
- The upcoming application deadline to submit Letters of Intent is January 27, 2023.
- Select organizations will be invited to submit a full application after the committee reviews Letters of Intent.
- Full applications will be due by Friday, March 24, 2023.
Estimated Size of Grant
General Grantmaking: The typical grant size for general Wayne County Community Endowment grant ranges from $1,000 to $5,000. Grants under $1,000 also will be considered.