Foundation / Corporation
Children's Theatre Foundation of America (CTFA) - Founders Fund Projects of Excellence and National Significance for Young People
02/05/19 Midnight PST Receipt
Grants of up to $2,000 to USA nonprofit theaters, collaboratives, and individual theater artists for children's theater initiatives that promote racial equity, inclusion, and diversity. Funding is intended to support groundbreaking projects that develop new concepts, engage underserved communities, and have a meaningful impact on a national scale.
The CTFA is seeking projects from not-for-profit theaters and theater artists in the United States to encourage and support the development of new and innovative concepts and approaches to theater for young audiences that:
- Have the potential to demonstrate diversity, racial equity and inclusion.
- Promote the involvement of communities that have been historically disadvantaged and socially and politically excluded based on race.
- Serve as a model to address issues of social justice and inclusion.
CTFA understands that idea development time needs an underwriter. The Founders Concept Development Fund Grant allocations for 2019 will support the creative process needed to develop innovation and think beyond the box.
The Foundation is looking for the most creative and visionary ideas that will advance the field of theater for young audiences nationally, particularly projects that:
- Are in the early germination stage
- Break new ground
- Focus on the planning process of the development of an innovative concept for theater
- Will make a significant difference in the field of theater for young audiences, not in just one community or one theater but can be applied nationally
- Can be feasibly completed by the applicant, and
- Project ideas where CTFA funding will make a difference in the outcome of the project
The Children's Theatre Foundation of America (CTFA) supports excellence and equity in theater for children. To this end, they challenge and support theater artists to achieve excellence in service to young people.
The Foundation values:
- Children and Youth
- The Art of Theater
The Foundation funds:
- A project in the early stage of conception, not currently in operation, but sufficiently developed to inspire confidence in its potential for innovation and artistic excellence
- A creative and visionary project that will advance the field of theater for young audiences and serve as a model to address issues of social justice and inclusion.
- A project that goes above and beyond the traditional concepts of theater for young people in terms of content subject matter, themes explored, non-traditional characters, etc.); methodology (scripted plays, devised works, immersive experiences, etc.); community interaction(partnerships, ancillary events, community engagement); and/or evaluation(concrete ways to measure impact and success).
- A project that will make a difference in the field of theater for young audiences on a national level.
Funding from Founders Concept Development grants can be used for:
- Travel for research
- Travel to help bring collaborative teams together for initial brainstorming and workshop development
- Underwriting the cost of release-time for individual artists to focus on a project
- Underwriting partnerships between theaters and schools, universities, and other communities
GrantWatch ID#: 177889
Founders Concept Development Grants of up to $2,000 will be awarded in 2019.
The funding time frame and proposed project start/completion for Concept Development Grants begins no earlier than September 1, 2019 and is to be completed by March 1, 2020. (Some exceptions may be granted.)
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For the online application portal: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdq31V7dWk9CcNAFSOBDttz35dV1z27EoTLDUT6CB8NqkTaEA/viewform
Children's Theatre Foundation of America (CTFA)
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming