Grant to a New York nonprofit arts organization in eligible counties for operational support. Eligible organizations align themselves with one of the following areas of interest: community outreach, creating new work, and programming. Funding is intended to promote arts activities in communities in Cayuga, Seneca, Wayne, Ontario, and Yates counties.
APTR is committed to supporting diverse cultural expression. The focus of the program includes:
- Support for regional artists by providing them with the resources to create new works, while increasing their visibility
- Helping regional nonprofit organizations grow sustainably as they serve the cultural, artistic and educational needs of their respective communities
- Provide support for a wide variety of artistic disciplines including diverse multi-cultural projects
- To help foster partnerships between arts and non-arts organizations with the goal of bringing the arts to areas with limited access to arts programming
- To encourage new artists and organizations to apply for APTR funding. These include the rural, minority and underserved populations of the region.
Underserved communities are comprised of individuals who have limited access to arts programs, services, or resources and may be marginalized due to geography, race, economic status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, or other factors.
The General Operating Grant supports arts organizations in Cayuga, Seneca, Wayne, Yates, and Ontario counties. The purpose of this grant is to support those organizations in the creation of new work, programming, and community outreach. In addition, the goal of this grant is to support general operating expenses so that arts organizations can continue to operate within their community.
What the Grant Can Cover:
- Activities/Projects of local arts organizations including both live and virtual
- Artist fees
- Project costs
- Marketing and publicity costs
- Direct administrative expenses and/or planning and preparation expenses for a proposed event
- Supplies and materials needed to execute the proposed project. Examples: art supplies, sheet music, hardware, memory cards, and other consumable equipment
- Equipment, software, subscriptions, and training needed to execute the proposed project. Examples: cameras, lighting equipment, subscriptions associated with virtual programming, and training to utilize these tools