Foundation / Corporation
Wells Fargo Housing Foundation
Grants to USA nonprofits, agencies, and schools in eligible states for housing projects for veterans. Funding is intended for projects that will provide homeless, at-risk, or other veterans with safe, stable housing. Preference will be given to organizations that solely serve veterans and for projects focused on veteran homelessness.
Wells Fargo is committed to investing in affordable and sustainable housing initiatives and neighborhood revitalization efforts, helping to build stronger communities where its customers and team members live and work. This includes all USA states, except: Hawaii, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Missouri, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, Vermont, and West Virginia.
Grant dollars may be utilized for new construction, capital improvement/rehabilitation work, and supportive services projects that focus on neighborhood revitalization and stabilization efforts. Wells Fargo is committed to working with local nonprofits to provide solutions in support of efforts to address safe and secure housing for all veterans, specifically veterans at-risk of becoming homeless and/or homeless veterans.
The types of programs/project that can be funded with this grant include:
- New Construction: Efforts that focus on site preparation for, and construction of, entirely new structures and/or significant extensions to existing structures (specific to homes of LMI homeowners and homebuyers) whether or not the site was previously occupied.
- Rehabilitation/Capital Improvement Work: Efforts that focus on returning a residential structure (specific to homes of low- to moderate-income (LMI) homeowners/ homebuyers) to a state of utility, through repair or alteration. May include simple repairs or replacement of items such as a furnace or a ramp (for handicap accessibility).
- Supportive Services: Efforts focused on the support of an individual(s) or the community to provide neighborhood stabilization and or revitalization through housing initiatives to support independent living, rental assistance programs, and other means of housing support to help ensure safe and secure neighborhoods and homes for veterans.
All grant dollars must benefit veterans.
All eligible completed applications will be considered. Higher consideration will be given to applications:
- That focus on veteran homelessness
- That have a greater number of veterans impacted through the grant
- That are submitted by organizations whose mission is solely focused on veteran services
- Where the full grant amount requested is able to complete the entire project, with no other funds being required
- Where funds will be utilized earlier rather than later in the year
- That contain letters of support from the mayor, government entities (HUD, VA other agencies) or other local community partners
GrantWatch ID#: 184913
17 total - 12 in the large market size category and 5 in the small to medium market size category.
$40,000 grants will be awarded in the large market size category (250,000 plus residents).
$25,000 grants will be awarded in the small to medium market size category (up to 249,999 residents).
Grant award winners are required to use grant funding within one year of the grant award date.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and Apply Online:
For more information, call or email 1-612-667-5131 or email@example.com.
Wells Fargo Housing Foundation
300 Hwy 169 S., 4th Floor
St. Louis Park, MN 55426
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Maryland; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oregon; Pennsylvania; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; Wisconsin; Wyoming