Foundation / Corporation
City Parks Foundation
Fellowships to New York City community groups that are implementing park projects in a New York City park. This training program is intended to support community groups that are seeking support in further developing their park group.
Fellowship cohort receives tailored support and learns how to:
- Define goals
- Develop an action plan
- Monitor and evaluate progress
Priority is given to:
- Park-focused community groups who have a long-term commitment to their local park(s)
- Groups that have small budgets, limited resources, and are staffed by volunteers
- Groups that are embarking on new projects or expanding existing projects
- Groups and projects devoted to neighborhood parks and street trees that are not supported by other resources (such as large conservancies).
- Groups that have a strong history of collaborative work with Partnerships for Parks, NYC Parks, and/or City Parks Foundation.
Those admitted into the Partnerships Academy Fellowship will be expected to:
- Develp a document with your goals and plan of action, and be willing to update your progress
- Be willing to work with Partnerships for Parks to edit projects as necessary so they are both attainable and challenging
- Attendance at most of the in-person Fellowship Sessions (at least 3 out of 4)
- Support other Fellowhsip participants with their projects and be willing to ask for support
- Participate in mid- and post-projects and Fellowship evaluations
GrantWatch ID#: 183282
This is a six-month-long fellowship program
Community groups with projects taking place on NYC Parks property throughout the five boroughs are eligible to apply.
Introduction to the 2018 Partnerships Academy Fellowship
Hosted by Partnerships for Parks
Tuesday, March 20, 2018, 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
The Arsenal - 3rd Floor Gallery
830 Fifth Ave, New York, NY 10065
At this informational session, you will learn how the Fellowship can support your group and gets tips on how to write a successful application. You will also hear from past fellows and participate in a sample activity that will help you develop your leadership skills.
For more information and to register: https://cityparksfoundation.org/events/introduction-2018-partnerships-academy-fellowship/
Request an individual consultation here: https://cityparksfoundation.org/partnerships-academy-fellowship-consultation-request/
Informational Session: March 20th [Register]
Application Deadline: April 23rd
Notification of Admission: May 15th
First Session: May 30th
If you are accepted, you must attend or have a colleague attend the first session which will be held on Thursday, May 30th.
USA: New York City: Projects must take place on NYC Parks property; New York