Foundation / Corporation
05/01/18 5:00 PM PT
Grant to a USA or territories organization to conduct a research study on the long-term impact of enrolling in nonaccredited post-secondary education. Letters of inquiry are due March 19, 2018. The research is intended to investigate the efficacy of non-accredited, non-portable post-secondary education programs such as boot camps.
ECMC Foundation is looking to support a study on the long-term impact of enrolling in a nonaccredited and/or non-portable program compared to enrolling in an accredited program within a postsecondary career pathway.
The Foundation is particularly interested in wage data, career growth, and highest credential earned (certificate or degree) for individuals who entered or reentered an accredited program within a postsecondary career pathway or a non-accredited and/or non-portable program as an adult learner (ages 18 and older).
Successful applicants need not design a new study to track incoming learners; the Foundation will look favorably on applications that investigate the trajectories of former students who have already completed their programs and entered the labor market. The Foundation recognizes that partnerships and data sharing from accredited and non-accredited programs will be required for successful analysis and will value evidence of these relationships when reviewing Letters of Inquiry.
Key Terms as defined by ECMC Foundation
Non-accredited and/or non-portable programs:
- Short-term boot camps
- Employer-sponsored training
- Non-credit bearing training at community colleges
- Certificate or degree programs up to two-years at for-profit institutions
- Apprenticeship programs lacking a postsecondary affiliation
- Programs offered by community-based organizations that are not accredited or do not have articulation agreements with community colleges
Accredited career pathways:
- Credit-bearing certificate or degree programs up to two years at community colleges
- Programs offered by community-based organizations that are accredited or have articulation agreements with community colleges
- Apprenticeship programs with a post-secondary affiliation
The above lists are not exhaustive of the various types of programs that may fit into the two categories.
Transferable credits and portable credentials:
- Transferable credits are eligible for transfer to another postsecondary institution and count toward a learner’s progression toward a certificate or degree
- Portable credentials (e.g., certificates and degrees) are recognized regardless of the employer or location
GrantWatch ID#: 183138
Any organization with a commitment to education and background in research is eligible to submit a Letter of Inquiry.
In order to be considered for this opportunity, interested organizations must submit a Letter of Inquiry to Patrick Bourke by March 19, 2018, 5:00 PM (PT).
All submitted Letters of Inquiry will be considered for this opportunity and one organization will be selected to conduct the research and produce written deliverables. The selected organization will be contacted no later than April 2, 2018 and asked to submit a full grant proposal (including a more concrete action plan and budget) to the ECMC Foundation by May 1, 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit letters of inquiry to:
444 South Flower Street
Los Angeles, CA 90071
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)