Foundation / Corporation
Farm Credit East and CoBank
08/01/18 Received by close of business
Grants ranging from $500 to $8,000 to organizations in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont for activities that promote and strengthen the agriculture, commercial fishing, and forest products industries in the region.
Applicants that clearly demonstrate how a program, project, activity or event will have a long-term positive effect on the agriculture, forest products or the commercial fishing industries in the eight state Northeast region are encouraged to seek funding.
Farm Credit AgEnhancement provides support for efforts intended to foster and grow all types of agriculture including both traditional and non-traditional production and marketing approaches. Further Farm Credit AgEnhancement supports programs intended to assist all size farms, promote diversity and create opportunities for new entrants into agriculture.
Funding will be provided for programs that aim to:
- Develop young and beginning farmers
- Encourage leadership
- Develop a greater understanding of agriculture
- Recognize the accomplishments of agriculture leaders
- Study the economic viability of agriculture
- Promote interest in the industry
- Impact the Northeast (statewide and regional projects also eligible)
The Foundation encourages proposals from organizations that promote or facilitate minority involvement in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. To facilitate this diversity objective, Farm Credit AgEnhancement will accept and consider one-county proposals that would otherwise not be eligible.
GrantWatch ID#: 180342
Grant awards range from $500 to $8,000.
Priority is given to organizations for programs that impact the Northeast. Statewide and regional projects are also eligible. Geographic eligibility includes Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, New Jersey, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
- One county or local school projects
- Programs and projects of non-agricultural charities
- Contributions for political support purposes, scholarships or memberships in professional societies or trade organizations
- General operating funds and ongoing program support
- Support for website administration and enhancement
- Capital or building projects
- Projects for an individual or individual farm operation
- Funding for annual state meetings/regularly scheduled conferences
- Indirect costs associated with sponsored projects.
The Farm Credit AgEnhancement program is not intended as a source of funds for contributions for state annual meetings and regularly scheduled conferences. Farm Credit AgEnhancement will not fund indirect costs associated with sponsored projects.
Proposals for Northeast Farm Credit AgEnhancement grant funding will be considered three times per year. Application materials must be received by the close of business April 1, August 1 and December 1. Receipt of projects after these dates will be held for consideration in the next review.
Applicants will be notified by email that the application has been received. Notification of the funding decision will normally be within 30 days of the application deadline.
Program guidelines: https://www.farmcrediteast.com/industry-support/AgEnhancement-grants/agenhancement-guidelines
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online using the URL for Full Text link below.
Ms. Jill Eyre
Farm Credit AgEnhancement Program
615 Minot Avenue
Auburn, ME 04210
USA: Connecticut; Maine; Massachusetts; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New York City; New York; Rhode Island; Vermont