Foundation / Corporation
New York Community Trust (NYCT) - Long Island Community Foundation (LICF)
08/12/19 3:00 PM - For all program areas with the exception of Health.
Grants ranging from $15,000 to $25,000 and grants of up to $50,000 to Long Island, New York nonprofit organizations in Suffolk and Nassau Counties. Funding is intended to support programs in the following areas: community development, education, arts, environment, technical assistance, youth development, health, mental health, and hunger reduction.
For details about the program areas, see the URL for Full Text link below.
LICF grantmaking decisions favor projects that:
- Have clearly defined and measurable outcomes with specific plans to achieve and document results in a specified time period
- Are led by organizations that have the capacity to achieve desired results and demonstrate commitment to diversity
- Demonstrate the potential for local or regional impact that are scalable or can be replicated
- Address gaps in current service or program models
- Demonstrate solutions that address root causes of problems
- Demonstrate collaboration and partnership for greater impact
- Demonstrate strong community leadership, engagement, and cultural competence
- Employ effective best practice strategies
- Serve low-income, underserved, or special needs populations
- Have the potential to leverage additional dollars
- Have the potential to favorably increase visibility of the LICF and its donors
GrantWatch ID#: 179491
Grants usually range from $15,000 to $25,000. The Hospital Fund (see Health funding goal) can award up to $50,000.
LICF does not make multi-year grant awards.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Please mail/deliver applications to:
Jeannie DeMaio, Grants Administrator
Long Island Community Foundation
900 Walt Whitman Road – Suite 205
Melville, NY 11747
Phone: (631) 991-8800
Fax: (631) 991-8801
USA: New York: Nassau and Suffolk Counties