New York State Education Department (NYSED)
Grants to New York schools and school districts for planning activities to improve Title I schools. Funding is intended to support the schools and districts in meeting their progress goals for the next academic year, with the ultimate aim of improving student performance.
Districts must target funds toward the following activities:
- Participation in Target District Institutes;
- Participation in Regional Training for Schools Receiving NYSED-led DTSDE support visits;
- Administration of surveys;
- Participation in the DTSDE review process and/or comprehensive needs assessments; and
- Development of the 2019-2020 improvement plans.
Funds may only be used for activities allowed under Title I and must be used for required improvement activities.
Additional allowable expenses:
Districts with one or more CSI schools may choose to participate in Participatory Budgeting. Participating CSI schools will be eligible to receive up $10,000 in addition to the $25,000 allocation for improvement activities to support the implementation of allowable Participatory Budgeting activities.
GrantWatch ID#: 174208
Eligible districts and schools will receive the following allocations for 2018-19:
- Target District - $25,000 per district;
- Comprehensive Support and Improvement School - $25,000 per school; and
- Targeted Support and Improvement School - $25,000 per school.
Project Period: December 1, 2018 to August 31, 2019
The following districts/schools are eligible for 2018-2019 Section 1003 Basic School Improvement funding:
- Title I Target Districts
- CSI Schools
- TSI Schools
The following districts/schools are not eligible for 2018-2019 Section 1003 Basic School Improvement funding:
- Districts in Good Standing with no identified schools;
- Any school in Good Standing;
- Any school in SIG Cohort 6 or SIG Cohort 7;
- Any school receiving a Receivership Grant; and
- Charter Schools.
For a full list of identified districts and schools:
Completed applications are due by February 15, 2019, and will be reviewed on a rolling basis. LEAs are encouraged to submit as soon as possible to expedite the review and approval process of SIG planning funds.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Office of ESSA-Funded Programs - Room 320 EB
Attn: 2018-19 School Improvement Grant (1003)
New York State Education Department
89 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12234
USA: New York City; New York