Foundation / Corporation
The Schenectady Foundation (TSF)
Grants to Schenectady County, New York nonprofit organizations for programs that benefit the local community. Applicants are required to submit a letter of intent prior to submitting a full application. Priority will be given to transformational projects and initiatives.
Particular interest is given to projects - large or small - where the injection of funding, engagement, and partnership can more quickly and significantly deliver impact in the areas of focus.
The Schenectady Community Foundation believes in supporting projects that have the potential to be transformative - causing marked change in people, organizations, neighborhoods, and the broader community.
- Neighborhoods: Continue investments to revitalize Schenectady neighborhoods including the continuation of the Thriving Neighborhoods Challenge.
- Open Grants: Funding for projects that are not aligned with a particular Foundation focus area. Projects must demonstrate their relevance to community need and impact.
- Call to Action for Youth: Invest in strategies integrating employment preparedness, mentoring and civic engagement.
- Capacity Building: Significantly improve the governance, operations, and effectiveness of key institutions serving Schenectady.
- Micro-Grants: To fund emerging opportunities aligning with the focus areas.
For more information about each area, see the URL for Full Text link below.
GrantWatch ID#: 163644
While the maximum Micro-Grant award is $10,000, the average Micro-Grant awards fall into the $3,000-$6,000 range.
SCF may make initial investments to bring a project to a stronger level of impact over one to three years, but they rarely provide a high level of support for longer periods of time.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: New York: Schenectady County