New York State Department of State (DOS) - Office of Planning and Development
07/26/19 4:00 PM
Grants to New York cities, towns, villages, and counties for revitalization projects along coastal areas and designated water inlets. Funding is intended to support the preparation or implementation of waterfront and community revitalization projects through the following categories:
- Preparing or Updating a Local Waterfront Revitalization Program (LWRP)
- Preparing an LWRP Component, including a Watershed Management Plan
- Updating an LWRP to Mitigate Future Physical Climate Risks
- Implementing a Local Waterfront Revitalization Program or a completed LWRP Component
The Department is making approximately $15 million available to fund applications for the Local Waterfront Revitalization Program grants, with up to $2 million of this for updates to existing LWRPs to mitigate future physical climate risks. Approximately $9 million of this will be awarded for projects which are in, or primarily serve, areas where demographic and other relevant data demonstrate that the areas are:
- Densely-populated and have sustained physical deterioration, decay, neglect, or disinvestment; or
- Where a substantial proportion of the residential population is of low income, or is otherwise disadvantaged and is underserved with respect to the existing recreational opportunities
Requirements for Implementation and Construction Projects:
GrantWatch ID#: 156105
The maximum State assistance request per grant application is $2 million. There is no minimum State assistance request amount.
A contract period will not exceed five years.
The earliest start date of contracts is April 1, 2019. Upon request by the grant recipient, with a showing of good cause, the contract start date may be set to a date in the future not to exceed 12 months beyond the contract execution date.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
New York Department of State
Office of Planning, Development & Community Infrastructure
Attn: LWRP RFA Questions One Commerce Plaza
99 Washington Ave, Suite 1010
Albany, NY 12231-0001
USA: New York City; New York