Foundation / Corporation
Worthington Family Foundation
05/15/18 Postmarked, Emailed, or Time Stamped by Midnight
Grants to USA nonprofits, with preference given to Michigan organizations, for programs that will benefit children through young adults. Funding may be awarded to programs in the areas of environmental stewardship, performing arts, and visual arts. Organizations must have strong board involvement and competent leadership. The Foundation will fund reasonable marketing expenses.
GrantWatch ID#: 143301
While funds are meant for the calendar year they are granted, all funds must be spent within 3 years of disbursement from the foundation to the recipient organization.
Applicant’s organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Non-profit organizations with proof of 501(c)(3) tax exempt status.
- Strong board involvement and competent leadership.
- A proven track record of relationships fostered with other organizations, the community, etc.
Programs must be based in the United States (mandatory). Funds must be spent in the United States. Michigan based non-profit organizations will be given preferred but not exclusive consideration.
Proposals must be non-discriminatory.
The Foundation does not make grants to/for:
- Financial investment purposes
- Carrying on propaganda or otherwise attempting to influence legislation
- Intervention in any political campaign on behalf of or in opposition to any candidate for political office.
- Administrative costs such as administrative salaries or regular building maintenance or office supplies. The Foundation will pay salaries for instructors on an individually approved basis.
- Purchase of buildings or land for new buildings, building new buildings, new accessory dwellings, or updates to existing buildings.
- Primarily therapeutic organizations.
- Personal gain.
The Foundation will not fund operating expenses.
Proposals are accepted annually. Requests for 2018 grants will be accepted between February 1, 2018 and midnight Tuesday May 15, 2018. Decisions are made annually in the month of September and funds made available by October 1.
To be considered for the 2018 disbursement, your application must be postmarked, emailed by, or time stamped on the web by midnight of Tuesday, May 15, 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Proposals may be submitted by e-mail (preferred method) to:
You may mail RFP's directly to the Worthington Family Foundation at:
Worthington Family Foundation
c/o Nan Worthington
P. O. Box 4311
Traverse City, MI 49685
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming